Wednesday, January 5, 2011

First Day of Class

Today was a get-to-know-you sort of day. Students started with an informal survey and drew a picture of themselves that I will use to help learn their names (I am terrible at names). I familiarized the students with classroom procedures, discussed homework and classwork, and let them know how class was going to run.

We went over the safety rules (test on Friday) by looking at a safety cartoon and trying to identify all the rules. In fourth period Dee and Moe both scored over sixty-five points. Others in other classes did well too, I just need to learn their names.

In first period, we started taking safety photos related to the safety rules.I haven't had a chance to look at all of them yet... but here is a good one. Perhaps I will learn what that tool is for. Second and Fourth period are taking their photos tomorrow.

Please read over the syllabus and safety rules and get those safety rules signed. Tomorrow will be the syllabus quiz. Safety Test is Friday.

No comments: